MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS BENEFITS
All CMS meetings are open to the public, and anyone can also receive the CMS newsletter. But, for as little as $15 per year, you will have access to a whole lot more:
- Learn to identify wild mushrooms of all kinds, including those choice edibles from experienced mushroomers.
- Opportunity to participate in CMS Members Only Mushroom Forays (10-12 per year). Note: CMS forays are very popular. Our current registration process includes a random lottery to choose who attends from those who register. Our process does give a preference to new members who are just learning. For more details, go to the Member Foray page.
- CMS Members Only weekend-long outing for Spring Boletes each June.
- Receive discounts on all CMS products (cookbook, t-shirts, mushroom earrings/ornaments/magnets/wine charms, mushroom prayer flag).
- Help collect for and set up the mushroom display for the annual Mount Pisgah Arboretum Mushroom Festival.
- Informal CMS Members only gatherings and outings to enjoy Mushroom cuisine.
- An opportunity to interact with experienced Mushroomers who will tell you more than “I found it in the PNW”.
A few Testimonials from Facebook
As of the 2019 season, your CMS membership now includes a login to the CMS website where you will have access to member’s only resources, including:
- A Member’s page with a consolidated view of upcoming activities.
- A Help page to assist you with navigating the CMS resources available to you.
- Your personal Membership status page so that you will always know when your membership expires.
- A look ahead at the foray schedule for the year.
- Area forum boards so that you can communicate with other CMS members who live near you.
- Interest Group forum boards so you can Communicate with other CMS Members that have the same mycological interests as you.
- A Mushroom ID Help forum to ask other CMS members about a mushroom you have found.
- An online store where you can purchase a variety of mushroom gifts and receive your member’s only discount.
- A member-specific blog that you can participate in.
- Member’s only educational materials.
Membership fees pay for guest speakers, special events, postage, insurance, website operations, Mushroom Festival participation, community education, research projects and more. Payments are good for a one-year membership, with the exception of Life membership payments.