The Mission of the Cascade Mycological Society is:
- to study fungi;
- to educate members and the public about fungi identification and ecology;
- to promote conservation of fungi;
- to promote health and safety in the gathering and consumption of edible fungi, and last and importantly;
- to have fun!
The Cascade Mycological Society (CMS) was created by a collective effort of people who share a common interest in and appreciation for the Kingdom of Fungi. In order to focus our fungal fascination, we have formed an educational non-profit [501(c) 3] organization dedicated to the study and enjoyment of fungi and we would like you to join us.
What does CMS Offer?
- Monthly meetings (September through May) – More Info
- Community forays and classes – More Info
- CMS Members Only Forays – More info
- CMS Interest Groups – More info
- A fabulous Mushroom display at the annual Mount Pisgah Arboretum Mushroom Festival – More info
- A monthly Newsletter – More Info
- Information on Mushrooming Permits and regulations – More info
- Wild Mushroom Safety Information – More info
- Mushroom Identification Help – More info
- Educational activity sheets for children, teens, and adults – More info
- Information about cooking with wild mushrooms (including recipes – More info
- The CMS Facebook Page
- The CMS Forums Group on Facebook
To learn more about all the ways you can connect with CMS or get involved, click here.