Who are we?
The mission of the Cascade Mycological Society (CMS) is to:
- study fungi
- educate members and the public about fungi identification and ecology
- promote conservation of fungi
- promote health and safety in the gathering and consumption of edible fungi
- above all, to have fun!
CMS has it’s origin’s in the Lane Community College Biology of Mushroom Class and the Mount Pisgah Arboretum Mushroom Festival; read more about our history here. We are primarily residents of the Eugene/Springfield area; but have members scattered about Oregon and in Washington and California. CMS is also a registered 501(c)3 educational non-profit.
What does the Cascade Mycological Society Offer?
- Monthly meetings (September through May) – More info
- Community outings and classes – More info
- CMS members only mushroom field trips – More info
- A fabulous mushroom display at the annual mushroom festival – More info
- A monthly newsletter – More info
- Information on mushroom permits and regulations – More info
- Wild mushroom safety information – More info
- Mushroom identification help – More info
- Fungi education activities – More info
- Cooking with wild mushrooms (including recipes) – More info
- CMS on Twitter
- The CMS Facebook Page
- The CMS Forums Group on Facebook
- CMS on Pinterest (mushroom recipes)
Want to learn more about all the ways you can connect with CMS or get involved? click here