Website & Membership Changes Coming
For those of you who have noticed a few changes … we are currently working on adding a “CMS Members Only” section to the CMS Website. Here are the intended goals of making this change:
- Provide more capabilities without losing any of our current capabilities.
- Provide the ability for CMS Members to always know the status of their membership and to receive email notifications if their membership is about to expire.
- Provide the option for members to establish recurring membership payments and via PayPal.
- Provide CMS Members the ability to make purchases in our online store and receive their member discount.
- Provide a new/usable CMS Members Only forum for CMS members to communicate.
- Provide forums for CMS Interest Groups to communicate.
- Provide the ability to have members-only content.
- Reduce the amount of manual labor associated with maintaining the membership list.
- Reduce the amount of manual labor associated with foray and event registrations. Once fully implemented we will require members to login in order to register for a foray or event.
We intend to make these changes slowly and will probably enlist the assistance of some members in the review of these new capabilities prior to rolling out the changes to all members. Until all changes are completed and all CMS members are provided a login, you may see some “Restricted Content” messages on the website. If you have any questions or want to help with testing, please send an email to email@example.com.