2018 Mount Pisgah Arboretum Mushroom Festival
~ Always the Last Sunday in October ~
This is always a fun and educational event for kids of all ages!
CMS co-sponsors this event put on by Mount Pisgah Arboretum with Lane Community College.
If you are a vendor and want to participate, or want more details about the festival, check out the Mount Pisgah Arboretum Mushroom Festival page.
CMS Sponsored Displays and Activities
- CMS volunteers collect and organize a stunning display of over 350 fungi species in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- We collect even more but only display those that have been identified to their genus and species by our invited expert mycologists.
- Bring mushrooms to be identified at our “Ask an Expert” booth, also located in the White Oak Pavilion.
- Check out the new Fungi Art and Science corner sponsored by our partner Lane Community College.
- Be sure to visit our “Edible, Poisonous and Look-Alikes” display to learn about some mushroom species to enjoy and some others to avoid!
- Visit “Talks on the Terrace” (schedule below) to experience some mouth-watering culinary demonstrations and learn how to cultivate your own edible mushrooms at home!
- Stop by the CMS Membership table and learn about everything CMS has to offer.
- And don’t forget to visit the CMS booth, where t-shirts, cookbooks, and other mushrooms accessories will be for sale.
Other Festival Activities
- Live Music from 10 AM to 5 PM
- Hay Rides along the Arboretum’s scenic Meadow
- Guided Nature Walks by local naturalists
- The infamous and yummy hot apple cider booth!
- A Kids’ Booth with face painting and nature crafts
- Plant sales and lots of vendor booths
- The Fantastical Scarecrow Contest; vote for your favorites!
Collect Mushrooms for the Display!
Saturday, October 20th – Coast Foray with Harriet Kelly, CMS Members Only Foray, registration will open on Monday, October 15th.
Sunday, October 21st – Cascades Foray with Marcia Peeters – CMS Members Only Foray, registration will open on Monday, October 15th.
Friday, October 26th – “Wherever the mushrooms are” foray with Harriet Kelly – CMS Members Only Foray, registration will open on Monday, October 22nd.
Anyone can Collect Mushrooms on your own – How to Instructions
Help Setup the Display!
To get a fabulous “behind the scenes” view of the Mushroom Displays, you can help set up on Saturday. Place mushrooms in the display, hang posters and signs, set up educational displays, and organize the CMS booth. You don’t need to sign up to help out, just show up at the White Oak Pavilion on Saturday,10/28, between 10 am and 2 pm. Come when you want and stay as long as you want.
Volunteer on Sunday – Day of Festival!
If you would like to volunteer to help on Sunday click here to signup. You can help with last-minute activities in the morning, help break-down after the festival, or help sell at the CMS booth. Volunteers receive free entry to the festival.