2022 Mount Pisgah Arboretum Mushroom Festival
CMS is happy to announce we will once again be supporting an in person Mount Pisgah Arboretum (MPA) Mushroom Festival on Sunday, October 30, 2022. This year’s festival will look a little more like the “festivals of old”. However, one post-pandemic change is here to stay. This, and all festivals going forward will require advanced tickets for entry. You can purchase your tickets here. Note: CMS members who volunteer to help setup the mushroom display or work the CMS booth during the festival will receive free entry.
- The CMS Mushroom display where you can learn about hundreds of local species!
- Edible and Poisonous Mushroom Tent, staffed by knowledgeable CMS members.
- Live Music
- Guided Nature Walks by local naturalists
- Mushroom Vendors
- Local foods, arts, and crafts
- Cider pressing and scarecrows
Pictured left: MPA festival t-shirt artwork by Emily Poole, featuring oak mazegill (Daedalea quercina) and Acorn Woodpecker (Melanerpes formicivorus)
Details from the the Mount Pisgah Arboretum (Event organizer)
- VERY IMPORTANT – Mushroom Show Tickets will be Pre-sale Only- Sold by MPA. Purchase your tickets here.
- Tickets are sold for 3 hour attendance intervals to further limit crowding (10am-1pm, noon-3pm, 2pm-5pm).
- Children under 12 free, no ticket purchase required.
- The festival opens at 10 AM and closes at 5 PM.
- Parking at the Arboretum is free on festival day.
- Please leave your dogs at home. For the safety and comfort of all, due to crowds, dogs are not permitted at the festival. Read our Festival dog policy here.
- Refund requests may be processed automatically up to ten days prior to the event. Within ten days of the event, requested refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please do not come to the Festival if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.