- When: Sunday, October 9, 2022, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Where: Mountain Rose Herbs Annex, next to the Mountain Rose Herbs Mercantile
This event is free and open to the public. Stop by the Annex any time from 1pm to 3pm.
A great opportunity to experience the fun and excitement of learning about fungi. Bring any mushrooms you have to be identified, edible or not. We will have microscopes on hand for everyone to view the intricacies of fungal organisms. If you don’t have mushrooms to bring, don’t worry, we will have plenty of cool and interesting specimens to examine. We will also have educational displays and activities for kids.
Fun and educational for the entire family
Experienced members of the Cascade Mycological Society will be on hand to talk to you about these subjects, plus whatever else interests you. No lectures or formal talks. Just wander in, peruse the displays and ask questions.
- How and where mushroom grow
- Poisonous mushrooms to avoid
- Easiest edible mushrooms to find and identify
- Medicinal mushrooms
- Cultivate mushrooms at home
- Mushroom books we recommend
A big thank you to the Mountain Rose Herbs Mercantile for reaching out to local area non-profits to offer their annex space for events.