Coastal report

For all things fungal related or not.

Coastal report

Postby akforager on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Thought weather conditions to have been perfect for the last month, but after a week of looking for chanterelles, I must say otherwise. My high elevation spot kept producing goldens and whites until it was covered with snow - and I last noticed a great many yellowfeet there too. But down lower, I really struggled. I ventured throughout SW Washington, down to Tillamook and everywhere I could think of inbetween. Did NOT find much! Most of the goldens I did find were waterlogged and tattered, the yellowfeet were only just starting, I found one matsi, one king bolete, and one really nice chicken of the woods. Maybe 2 lbs of hedgehogs and 3 white truffles - after 4 days of looking. Oh, and 2 small cauliflowers. Had a good time exploring, but I think it's time to head down to Brookings and look for black trumpets. Hope the rest of you are doing better!
akforager
Mycena Newbie

Re: Coastal report

Postby Ikonoclast on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:27 pm

I am guessing you are referring to the actual coast. For me, the coastal range proper was quite nice for matsi's this year, my last trip was just a few days ago, lots of flags and some already mush, but some buttons as well. The queens came and went within a couple weeks this year, kings about the same. Fibs were around for a bit but are probably gone now. Also saw lots of winter chants just starting on this past outing.

Good Hunting!
Ikonoclast
Cantharellus Junior Member

Postby Harborseal on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:06 am

What are fibs?
Bob C.
Harborseal
Caesarea Forum God

Postby Rozites on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:22 am

Thanks for asking that, Bob. 8)