Foray Frustration

For all things fungal related or not.

Foray Frustration

Postby Rozites on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:16 pm

:( So far I've been unable to get signed up for a foray with CMS because they fill up so fast. This morning it was less than an hour. Is there some secret to getting in? Do people just sit on their computers waiting for the opening gate? I was so looking forward to moving to Florence so I'd be closer to CMS and would be more able to participate.
Rozites
Cantharellus Junior Member

Re: Foray Frustration

Postby Harborseal on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm

If you led your own you'd be guaranteed of making it. :) If you want you could recruit helpers, too. You could also contact some of the club officials for advice. I don't think any of them read this.
Bob C.
Harborseal
Caesarea Forum God

Postby Rozites on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:29 am

Problem is, I haven't been in this area long enough to know where to take a group. Just moved in December.
Rozites

Postby Happyinthewoods on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 am

Sorry, you are having difficulties joining a foray. I have both some advice and some news on possible changes.
I have been on the Board for 2 years. The foray registration process is still evolving and we continue to try to make things better.

1st recommendation:
I agree with the recommendation to volunteer to lead a foray. Or, you can volunteer to co-lead. This way you can become familiar.
Our Foray Leader page states that we can provide you with a location.

http://cascademyco.org/meetings-and-for ... uidelines/

2nd recommendation:
In 2017 we started sending out Early Registration invitations to those that were waitlisted for the previous
foray, and have not gone on a foray this season. So, always register on the waitlist if you cannot get in.
Doing this will help you with the next foray.

We have quite a few members that are experienced that try to sign up for every foray.
I assume they just like the comradery of having others to go out with.
So, the Board is also considering a new type of foray. More of a "meet up", for our more experienced members.
It would probably be a once a month "leaderless" foray. CMS would provide the foray location.

- Sandy
Happyinthewoods

Postby Rozites on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:03 am

Thank you for the information on the waitlist, which I didn't know about. I'll sign up for that next time.

Not sure I'm ready to lead a foray in this area, but will consider co-leading at some point. I can help with coordination.
Rozites

Return to General Discussion