CMS T-Shirt Design Contest
Calling all Artists
Amateur and Professional!
This contest is open to everyone who would like to make a submission. Membership in the Cascade Mycological Society (CMS) is not required. We will select both an adult and a youth (age 17 and under) design.
Selection of your artwork as the winner of the adult or youth t-shirt contest does not guarantee we will use your t-shirt design. It does mean that if you accept your designation as the winner, including acceptance of the prize money, CMS will own the rights to use your artwork for a t-shirt in 2018, any other year, or for any other purpose. You will not receive any further compensation from the sales of any items we may choose to use your artwork for.
- Last day to submit/enter is August 1, 2018 (no exceptions).
- Limit of 2 entries per person.
- The design must include a mushroom that fruits in Oregon.
- The design must be limited to 5 colors including black and white. Note: More colors add to the cost of printing, so less is better.
- Designs must be of original art (e.g. drawing, painting), no photographs of mushrooms.
- Recent CMS t-shirt designs include Chanterelle, King Bolete, Morel, Shaggy Parasol, Hedgehog, Fly Amanita, Oak Polypore, and Xylaria. Please avoid these.
- Designs may be submitted as a PDF or image (.jpg or.png). Please compress large files.
Traditionally, our t-shirt designs have been of a single mushroom species placed within the CMS “Celtic Circle”. The approximate size of the interior of the circle is 6 to 7 inches. If you would like to try your design within the Celtic Circle, you may download the circle here. Your design is not required to be of a single mushroom species that will fit within the CMS Celtic Circle. If you would like to submit a free format, non-traditional design, that is also acceptable.
The t-shirt color is unknown at this point. If selected, your design will be provided to a graphic designer to finalize for printing. If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
How to Enter – Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the contest and your name in the subject line of the email (Example subject line: Adult t-shirt contest – John Doe). Submit your entry as an attachment to your email.