2016 Mushroom Festival: October 30th, 2016 10 am – 5 pm
The Cascade Mycological Society co-sponsors this spectacular celebration with Mt. Pisgah Arboretum and Lane Community College to fundraise for the Mt. Pisgah Arboretum. CMS volunteers collect, identify and organize more than 300 species of mushrooms in a stunning display of colors, shapes, and sizes.
- Suggested Donation: $8 per person, children under 12 free. Free shuttle from civic stadium every hour – free parking. NO DOGS. See Schedule…
There is something for everyone at the mushroom festival, including live music, art, food, scarecrow contest, cider pressing, wine tasting, plant sale, hayrides, and children’s activities.
- You can bring mushroom specimens to have identified at our “Ask an Expert” booth at the show. Author and photographer Noah Siegel will be staffing the Expert booth along
with other local Identification Experts. Noah will have his recently published book, “Mushrooms of the Redwood Coast”, on hand for you to purchase and receive a personalized autograph.
- Be sure to visit our “Edible, Poisonous and Look-Alikes” display to learn about some mushroom species to enjoy and some others to avoid!
- Learn how to cook mushrooms during our mouth-watering culinary demonstrations.
- And don’t forget to visit the CMS booth, where t-shirts, cookbooks, Mushroom Christmas Ornaments, and other goodies will be for sale.
Visitors also can take a Nature Walk of the Arboretum to learn about the area’s ecology, history, and perhaps spot a few mushrooms. To get the full schedule of activities for the festival, including parking and FREE shuttle schedule details, visit the MPA’s website .