Cascade Mycological Society will be celebrating Oregon’s bountiful wild mushroom harvest with Chef Joseph Crawford’s 2013 Fungal Feast on Thursday, February 7, beginning at 6:30 PM at the NW Youth Corps school at 2621 Augusta Street in SE Eugene. In addition to being a delightful meal surrounded by your fellow mycophiles, this event is a significant fundraiser for CMS. The doors will open at 6:00 PM so that you have time to bid on items in the silent auction. There will also be center pieces and T-shirts for sale. This is a “Bring Your Own Wine” event. A corkage fee of $5 will be charged for each bottle.
2013 Fungal Feast
Cascade Mycological Society celebrated Oregon’s bountiful wild mushroom harvest with the 2013 Fungal Feast on Thursday, February 7, beginning at 6:30 PM at the NW Youth Corps school at 2621 Augusta Street in SE Eugene. Members enjoyed an exotic wild mushroom banquet, learned secrets to cooking wild mushrooms from our renowned Chef Joseph and his team of epicurian sous-chefs. In addition to being a delightful meal surrounded by fellow mycophiles, this event was a significant fundraiser for CMS. The doors opened at 6:00 PM with a silent auction. Center pieces and T-shirts were for sale. Ticket sales were limited to 2 per CMS member. Family memberships could purchase 4 tickets. This was a “Bring Your Own Wine” event with a corkage fee of $5 charged for each bottle.
- Salmon Lox with Winter Chanterelles, Lemoncello, and Candied Rose Hips
- Morels with Sea Beans and Crispy Shallots
- Arugula, Roasted Beets, Citrus, and Black Trumpet Mushrooms with Hawthorne Berry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Braised Lamb with Porcini Mushrooms over Soft Polenta
- Roasted Oregon “Snapper” with Fennel, Potato, and Lobster Mushroom Fumet
- Seared Nettle and Rice Cakes with Miso-Grilled Hedgehog Mushrooms and Hazelnut Sauce
- Juniper Roasted Apples with Candy Cap Sabayon
- French Hot Chocolate with Black Truffle Whipping Cream
- Beer from Oakshire Brewing (donation requested)
- Or bring your own wine ($5 corkage fee)
Gluten: All dishes are gluten free except for the Canapes which we will prepare gluten free upon request.
Dairy: The Lobster Mushroom Fumet, Juniper Roasted Apples, and French Hot Chocolate have small amounts of dairy.
Vegan: Both Canapes can be adjusted vegan; the Salad is vegan; the Soft Polenta is vegan; the Seared Nettle and Rice Cakes are vegan.
Note : Ticket sales are no longer available online